We currently have the position available:
Thank you for your interest in this position. The position has much to offer: hours are flexible (albeit some deadlines to meet), can be worked from a home office, and work independently with a small team (Senior Research Scientist/CEO Dr. Peter Gill and Committee). An opportunity to work in a unique charitable marine research organisation with a variety of tasks to keep you inspired (see below). A Blue Whale Study (BWS) laptop is provided for BWS business management and an admin email address.
- Assist with fund raising
- Maintain insurance payments and records
- Maintain a high level of operating standards and operational integrity
- Assist and at times manage events e.g. Portland Upwelling Festival
- Provide Committee support and organize meetings (4 plus AGM a year) including Agenda, minutes, basic finance reports and annual budget
- Keep files in order and up to date including correspondence in and out, financial files, donor and sponsor files etc.
- Respond to donations with gifts/cards as per sponsor schedule with flexibility to alter if need be
- Be available to travel and work after hours when needed
- Ensure annual reporting deadlines are met e.g. Victorian Consumer Affairs annual return, Australian Charities and Not-for-for Profits Commission (ACNC) annual proof of BWS maintaining charitable status.
- Ideally the position would include marketing however this can be discussed if skills don’t match. A graphic artist also works with BWS to assist design documents, website management E-Newsletter printing.
- Post news updates to Facebook
- Keep website current
- Assist CEO in writing and releasing E-newsletter
- Assist CEO in preparation of media releases
- Secure photographs of events and activities
- Represent BWS in a manner appropriate to the business
- Maintain donor register (Excel),
- Maintain list of philanthropic organisations (Excel),
- Research opportunities for fundraising and
- Write funding applications
- Assist Senior Research Scientist in conducting educational activities.
- Ensure BWS maintains OH&S compliance at all times, and
- Investigate OH&S training for staff.
Other duties as required
- Other duties may be required which are in line with the above tasks and goals but not yet conceived due to new opportunities and changes to laws, reporting requirements or other influencing factors.
- This is a permanent contractor position at 8 hours per week. Invoicing can be fortnightly or monthly. Contractor rate is between $40 and $45 per hour depending on skills and experience.
If you are interested in this position please send your resume to: email@example.com